New Mexico Green Chili Stew. Place the beef tenderloin cubes, pork loin cubes, and masa harina in a plastic bag, and shake to coat the meat. Broil green chiles in the oven turning often to evenly darken skin making sure they don't burn. Place the shortening in a heavy skillet and brown meat at medium heat.
If you love green chile recipes you must check out this easy Green Chile Pork Slow Cooker Stew. It's a Green Chile Pork Stew that's loaded with Hatch Green chiles, pork, potatoes, and spices. And it makes a great bowl of comfort to warm the soul and fill the belly with goodness. You effect toasting toast New Mexico Green Chili Stew testing 10 prescription together with 12 so. Here is how you manage.
instructions of New Mexico Green Chili Stew
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 lb of pork tenderloin.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 13 oz of chopped roasted hatch green chili.
- Prepare 28 oz of of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken flavored bullion.
Add the cilantro, stir and serve. Side Bar: At the school we use locally grown green chile when making the stew. It is roasted over a fire or gas flame, peeled and chopped. When the chile is not in season, we use roasted, peeled, chopped, frozen green chile.
New Mexico Green Chili Stew ingredients
- peel, chop, and boil potatos.
- in heated vegetable oil add thickly diced pork tenderloin.
- add garlic powder.
- add fresh cracked black pepper.
- add Italian seasoning.
- add diced onions.
- in boiling potatoes add chopped green chili.
- add the pork and onions.
- add 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes undrained.
- add chicken flavor bouillon.
- cover and cook on medium to low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas or quesadillas for a complete meal!.
After posting a couple of soup recipes over the last several months, I received numerous requests for a good green chile stew recipe. I grew up eating green chile stew. For any New Mexico green chile stew, the star of the show is the chile, so as long as you use New Mexico green chile, the protein is your own personal preference. In addition to the sirloin, this New Mexico green chile stew uses potatoes and tomatoes, making a hearty and quite healthy pot of stew. In large pot brown meat with onion, drain.