Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free).
You move steaming percolate Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) adopting 17 receipt as a consequence 11 and. Here is how you take care of.
instructions of Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free)
- Prepare of Sausage Gravy.
- You need 1 of chub Ground Breakfast Sausage.
- You need 1 of white Onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1.5-2 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each, Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Few Tbsp cooking oil (I used Grapeseed oil).
- You need 1/8 of th cup milk substitute (I used original flavor Rice milk).
- It's of Biscuits.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Gluten Free flour mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold Butter or Margarine, cubed.
- It's 3/4 cup of Milk substitute (I used rice milk).
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) separately
- Start with the biscuits. Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, add and mix dry ingredients. Cut cold Butter or Margarine into chunks and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, work butter into flour mixture. The goal is to combine, while still leaving chunks of butter (which creates flakes and layers within the biscuits)..
- Add milk substitute to flour and butter mixture. Using pastry mixer, incorporate milk..
- Gather dough in bowl and form a loose ball. Put onto a floured counter top or cutting board and pat into a rectangle shape. Add a little flour to the top and fold into thirds. Pat into rectangle again and repeat..
- Pat dough into rectangle again and when it's about 1/2" thick, cut into circle shapes. (I used the lid ring for a small Mason jar) Spray a cookie sheet with oil and place dough rounds across the pan. When pan is full, place into hot oven for approximately 12-15 minutes..
- Because they are gluten free, these biscuits don't brown as much as other kinds, but instead, have a light golden color at the edges..
- While the biscuits are baking, gather ingredients for sausage gravy making..
- Start by heating a larger pot on stovetop at medium-low heat with a Tbsp of oil. Add diced onion and garlic. Heat till softened and slightly translucent..
- Add sausage and brown, stirring occasionally..
- In a small container with a tight lid. Add the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of cold beef stock. Shake vigorously till incorporated. Add to meat mixture and stir. Add the rest of the stock and milk to the pot and heat till thickened. Add Salt, pepper & seasonings..
- To serve, pour gravy over warm biscuits and Enjoy!.