Slow Cook Beef Casserole. I like to serve it with mashed potato as it helps to soak up all that wonderful juice. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste.
Perfect for those cold winter nights, this slow cooker beef stew is super tender and the meat just falls apart. It freezes really well too, so perfect for batch cooking. If you are looking to use your slow cooker more. You transact brewing stew Slow Cook Beef Casserole using 17 program as well as 6 and. Here you are carry out.
program of Slow Cook Beef Casserole
- It's 450 g of beef chuck stewing – (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- It's 450 g of potato (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- You need 250 g of onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- Prepare 250 g of carrots (thick discs) / 9 oz ..
- Prepare 175 g of button mushrooms / 6 oz ..
- You need 175 g of celery (thick slices) / 6 oz ..
- It's 100 g of peas frozen / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 600 ml of beef stock made from cubes / 20 fl . oz . 2.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1½ teaspoons of thyme dried.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It's 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- You need 100 g of onion (chopped fine) / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 50 g of carrot (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- It's 50 g of celery (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Create an online cookbook with Slow Cooker recipes. These slow cooked Beef Cheeks are braised in a beautiful red wine sauce until they are so meltingly tender, you can eat it with a spoon! The braising liquid in this Beef Cheeks recipe is infused with incredible flavour and when pureed, transforms into a thick, luscious gravy-like sauce. Place beef pieces in slow cooker.
Slow Cook Beef Casserole separately
- Put the potato, onion, carrots and celery in a microwavable container with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 minutes..
- Meanwhile spray a wide based lidded pan with Spray2Cook and when the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the beef and stir and fry until browned all over..
- Add the microwaved vegetables and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the stock (hot). Add the purée, thyme pepper, and bay leaves. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Turn the lidded pan down to a simmer or transfer to a slow cooker set at high until it again bubbles then turn down the slow cooker as needed - either way cook at a "bubbling" simmer for 4 hours..
- After 2 hours 45 minutes microwave the mirepoix vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the stock from the slow cooker for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes. Again remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes.Blend the mirepoix vegetables with a hand blender to a paste and add together with the peas to the simmering casserole..
- Continue to simmer for the final hour of cooking time. Remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy..
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper; pour over meat and stir to coat beef with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef stock, potatoes carrots, and celery. Most meats can be added to the slow cooker without searing or browning, with the exception of ground meat. Ground beef, in most cases, should be browned in advance for best texture and color. Pour over the meat and vegetables.