Beef Kare-Kare. Beef Kare-Kare is a version of kare-kare or peanut stew that makes use of beef chuck, instead of the traditional oxtail. It is as good as our other versions of kare kare. It was perfect with some spicy shrimp paste.
Meat variants may include goat meat, chicken or rarely fish. It is often eaten with bagoong (shrimp paste), sometimes spiced with chili, and sprinkled with calamansi juice. Kare Kare is a type of Filipino stew with a rich and thick peanut sauce. You do ones thing brewing french fry Beef Kare-Kare proving 14 procedure moreover 5 along with. Here is how you consummate.
program of Beef Kare-Kare
- It's 1 of kilo beef cut into cubes.
- It's 100 g of Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut.
- Prepare 100 g of yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long.
- It's 4 of eggplants sliced/cut.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It's 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- It's 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Shrimp paste/bagoong.
- It's of Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour.
It is a popular dish in the Philippines served during special occasions. The traditional recipe is composed of ox tail. There are instances wherein both ox tripe and tail are used. The vegetable components of the dish are string beans, eggplant, bok choy, and banana blossoms.
Beef Kare-Kare step by step
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens..
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables..
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side..
Lightly browned toasted ground rice is used to. A unique savory beef stew with peanut butter sauce. Images of the sautéed shrimp paste (bagoong), banana blossom flower and 'astuete' seeds are included in the Recipe Introduction. As I promised in my adobong talong post, here is, although a few days late, my take on kare-kare. This perennial Filipino favorite usually starts with a base of oxtails, beef stew cuts, pork hocks or tripe.