Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao). Quick and tasty, phat kaphrao (Thai Beef Mince with Basil & Chilli) is a great dish for anyone who wants some authentic Thai flavour in a hurry! Unlike many other classic Thai dishes, phat kaphrao takes mere minutes to whip up and doesn't require more than a couple of Thai ingredients, making it a great lunch option or a simple addition to a larger meal. If you want to make the dish you named as "phat kaphrao (ผัดกะเพรา)" then by definition you need Thai HOLY basil leaves.
That way it's finished and freshly cooked as soon as the chicken and egg are ready. The first step is to fry the egg. Thai fried eggs are more like deep fried eggs, cooked in lots of oil. You fulfill simmering braise Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao) testing 9 process than 11 including. Here you go bring about.
program of Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao)
- Prepare 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 3 of small chillis or 1 large.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 250 g of beef mince.
- It's 1 of red onion.
- It's 300 g of green beans or mixed greens.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chilli paste with Thai basil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime to serve.
Phat kaphrao mu sap with rice and a fried egg. By some accounts, phat kaphrao was included as part of Prime Minister Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram's Thai cultural mandates during WWII. Phat kaphrao, as well as pad thai, were one of the promoted dishes in local Thai food contests. Phat kaphrao was inspired by stir frying, the cooking process of Chinese people.
Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao) program
- Steam / boil rice as per packet instructions. I like to use brown jasmine.
- Brown the mince in a pan and season. Remove from pan once brown and set to on side..
- While the mince is cooking chop the onion and beans / greens.
- Finely chop garlic and chilli.
- 2 table spoons of Pad Kapao (Chilli paste with Basil Leaves) found at any good Asian supermarket.
- In the pan.
- Mix in greens, onions, garlic and chilli. Cook till softened..
- Stir in the mince and more chilli paste to taste. Stir fry for a couple minutes and then add a touch of lime juice.
- Serve rice and top with mince mix..
- Quickly fry a couple of eggs.
- Serve with the eggs on top. Enjoy! 🇹🇭.
Spicy and aromatic Thai-style beef. [Photographs: J. Kenji López-Alt] Phat ka-phrao is a ubiquitous street dish in Thailand, where cooks wielding woks will rapidly stir-fry sliced or minced meat flavored with garlic, shallots, fish sauce, and fiery Thai bird chilies, finish it off with a big handful of holy basil, and serve it with rice and perhaps a fried egg on top. See great recipes for Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao) too! Thai basil and chilli minced beef with an egg (Phat Kaphrao) Superb Thai recipe taught to me by a friend - served with runny eggs. Traditionally pork mince, but beef mince works just as well.