Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. You finish steeping poach Shepherds Pie employing 10 program also 12 as well as. Here you go gain.
process of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 500 grams of Beef or mutton.
- It's 450 grams of Potatoes.
- It's 30 grams of Butter.
- It's 115 grams of Onions.
- Prepare 10 grams of AP Flour.
- It's 150 ml of Stock.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of A pinch of pepper.
- It's 75 ml of Milk.
- You need 115 grams of Onions.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients.
Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F.
- Boil or roast meat, cool and mince..
- Chop onions..
- Melt half butter in a pan and fry onions till pale brown..
- Stir in flour, add stock gradually, stir until thick..
- Blanch tomatoes, chop and add to stock..
- Add seasoning and meat..
- Put into greased pie dish..
- Boil and mash potatoes with milk..
- Spread over the meat, make a rough surface with a fork..
- Dot with butter..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins..
Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. Nearly every Sunday we'd go to our grandparents house for some kind of pot roast or ground beef dish. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy, topped with a creamy layer of delicious mashed potatoes and. Make this easy shepherd's pie of a wintry evening - comfort food at its best. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.