Slow Cooked Mushroom Lamb Shank. These slow cooked lamb shanks are meltingly tender and are braised in a rich red wine sauce. Because of this, lamb shanks need to be slow cooked - either braised or roasted - to break down the tough meat to soften into succulent tenderness. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT.
A recipe you'll make again and Read our disclosure policy. This recipe for Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks makes a hearty, slow-cooked dish. Slow Cooked Braised Lamb ShanksAll Things Food, Cooking with Mary and Friends. salt, red wine, lamb shanks. You perform roasting roast Slow Cooked Mushroom Lamb Shank accepting 15 program as a consequence 7 as a consequence. Here is how you arrive.
procedure of Slow Cooked Mushroom Lamb Shank
- You need 1 kg of Lamb shanks (excess fat removed).
- You need 250 g of Cremini mushrooms , (washed & halved).
- It's 1 can of tomatoes Crushed with juice or 4.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots (chopped).
- You need 1 of celery Stalks (chopped).
- You need 1 of Onion , (chopped).
- It's 1 of Red bell pepper (sliced).
- You need 2 - 3 of Red Chili (chopped).
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- It's 1/2 cup of Beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Red wine.
- You need 1 tbsps of Tomato paste.
- You need 1 sprig of rosemary Fresh.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare to taste of Salt pepper and freshly ground ,.
Make lamb shanks in your slow cooker for an impressive supper when you get home from work that looks like you've been in the kitchen all day. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper and place on top of other ingredients. Pour beef broth and wine over the top. Slow Cooked Lamb Shank isn't something you cook every day, right?
Slow Cooked Mushroom Lamb Shank gradually
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Leave aside for at least 30 mins. Then in a hot pan sear the lamb on all sides to obtain a nice brown color. No need to add extra oil. Once the lamb is seared remove it from the pan and keep it aside..
- In the same pan, add onion, mushrooms, red pepper, carrots and celery a 5-6-quart slow cooker. Let this cook for 5 mins..
- Then add in tomatoes (with juices) and tomato paste, garlic, red chili, rosemary, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cook this for 10 mins..
- Place lamb shanks on top of other ingredients. Pour beef broth and wine over the top. Stir well..
- Cover mixture and cook on low heat for 8 hours..
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. If you have added too much wine or the tomato juice is too sweet correct this with salt and lime juice..
- Serve with mash or cous cous and seasonal vegetables..
You might think that it takes a lot of effort, probably because it cooks so long. Sure it is probably best to try this recipe of Slow Cooked Lamb Shank over a weekend, preferably for Sunday lunch - followed by a decadent Malva. Slow-cooked in the Karoo - this delicious lamb shank recipe is the only one you'll ever need. Add tomato paste and brown sugar. Cook for a few minutes and then add stock and wine.