Phyllo Meat Pie. A crispy, flaky, golden phyllo meat pie recipe! I was looking for a Greek Meat Pie and really couldn't find one, so I made one up! Add one sheet of the Phyllo dough.
They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. Tourtiere - BEST MEAT PIE ever! This delicious greek meat pie uses fresh herbs (that's what makes it a special treat). You close brewing grill Phyllo Meat Pie accepting 10 prescription including 9 so. Here is how you carry out.
receipt of Phyllo Meat Pie
- Prepare 500 gms of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion medicum sized diced.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of all spice powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter melted.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 12 of phyllo sheets of.
Place the smallest sheet of phyllo on top of the filling, brush with olive oil, and place the final sheet of phyllo on. There are countless things you can stuff in the between these phyllo sheets. The most desirable one among my Egyptian community is one that is stuffed with Basterma. Phyllo Meat Pie (Egyptian Goulash) Recipe Main Dishes with phyllo dough eggs olive oil butter lean ground beef yellow onion ground allspice ground cinnamon garlic powder salt pepper canola oil.
Phyllo Meat Pie one at a time
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Saute the onions in some oil. Once softened add the garlic powder and mince..
- As the mince browns up and cooks, add the all spice powder, along with some salt and pepper. Once cooked, drain the fat and transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- I used 12 sheets of phyllo. Butter your baking dish and lay four sheets of phyllo buttering between each layer..
- Add the mince filling, and then another 4 sheets of phyllo, again buttering between each sheet..
- Add the mince mixture and top it off with the sheets of phyllo buttering each sheet..
- Brush the top layer with a beaten egg, and cut the phyllo into squares and place in the oven. You need to do this before its cooked..
- Bake till it is golden brown and it will be crispy to touch..
- Serve immediately with some tomato sauce or tzatziki.
You can use sheets of phyllo dough although it is not quite the same. Store-bought phyllo dough is great for layering like in baklava but it's not flexible to be rolled up like a traditional pita. This version of Phyllo Meat And Potato Pie is very popular in my homeland, Romania. If you are familiar with Greek cuisine, I would say it is very similar to Kreatopita, the Greek traditional meat pie. Minced beef and graviera cheese come together in a pie with no phyllo!