Bonda soup. urad dal fritters in a moong dal soup with step by step photo and video recipe. the traditional soup recipes are generally made with a vegetable or with broth of veggies or meat. these are generally served as appetiser just before the meal which eventually improve the appetite. but there are other innovative soup recipe and bonda soup recipe is one such innovation made by. Urad dal bonda in moong soup, a popular Karnataka recipe, shared with step by step pictures. I tasted Bonda soup for the first time in a restaurant in Chennai.
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. You fulfill roasting sizzle Bonda soup testing 25 modus operandi as well as 5 steps. Here you are do justice.
ingredients of Bonda soup
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes.
- It's 3/4 cup of moong dal.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oil.
- You need 4-5 cups of water.
- It's 3-4 tsp of Meethi.
- Prepare 1 1/4-1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare For of seasoning:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 inch of ginger cut into long thin slices or grate it.
- You need 2-4 of green chillies.
- It's 10-15 of curry leaves.
- It's Pinch of hing.
- It's To of make the Bonda:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of urad dal.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It's 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut pieces.
- It's 5-6 of Finely chopped curry leaves.
- It's 2-3 of Chopped green chilli.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- It's As required of Oil to fry the bonda.
This hot bonda soup was waiting for us :) Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! Karnataka Style Bonda Soup Recipe is a favourite dish among all the kannadigas and especially in Mysore. The dish consists of crispy urad dal fritter dipped in a hot thin based dal soup. The fritter is usually fried in a deep frying oil but in this recipe we have made it healthy by pan frying it on the kuzhi paniyaram pan to make it super healthy for your morning breakfast.
Bonda soup modus operandi
- Wash and pressure cook dal along with 2 cups of water, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, and oil on medium heat. Heat the ghee in a pan, once hot add hing, mustard seeds, once the seeds pop add jeera. Then add green chillies, ginger, fry it a little, finally add curry leaves and turn off the heat. Add seasoning to the cooked dal mix it. Add salt, and add few tablespoons of water to meethi, add more water if needed, mix it and add it..
- To the soup.Let it boil on medium low heat for 10 minutes. Now add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat. Soup is ready..
- To make the Bonda: Wash and soak the urad dal for 4 to 5 hours. Drain the water and grind the dal along with green chilli adding little water at a time until you get the light and fluffy dough. Transfer this batter to the bowl, coconut pieces, chopped curry leaves, Ginger and salt. Mix it well using the hand, It helps us to get the light and fluffy batter. Heat the oil required to fry the Bonda in a pan on medium heat..
- Now make the small size vada and Fry the Bonda until it turns golden brown all around. Remove it from the oil onto a paper towel or colander..
- Now Bonda soup: Heat the soup(we need hot soup) Take 2 to 3 bonda in a bowl. Pour 2 to 3 ladleful of soup, garnish with chopped coriander leaves You can add finely chopped onion on this. Enjoy this Hot Bonda soup on a rainy, snowy or cold winter days..
Bonda soup is just a perfect winter time snack cum appetizer, which is very soothing and super tasty. First time I had this Bonda soup at my friends place. It was a rainy winter evening when we visited my friend Vidya's house. This hot bonda soup was waiting for us 🙂 Yum. so soothing and so delicious hot soup with Mysore Bonda! Bonda Soup is Karnataka's special Breakfast Recipe.