Italian Lentil Soup.
You produce frying stew Italian Lentil Soup proving 13 receipt along with 5 as well as. Here you go produce.
procedure of Italian Lentil Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsps of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion large , chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots large , peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic , peeled and minced.
- Prepare 7 - 8 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of lentils rinsed (color doesn't really matter).
- You need 1 (15 oz) can of tomatoes fire-roasted diced.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme dried.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper freshly-ground.
- It's 1/8 tsp of red pepper of crushed.
- You need optional of Parmesan cheese basil freshly-grated , finely-chopped fresh for topping.
Italian Lentil Soup program
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, and saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring occasionally..
- Add the stock, lentils, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, black pepper, and crushed pepper, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the pot partially with the lid. Keeping the soup at a low simmer, continue cooking for about 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender and cooked through, stirring occasionally..
- Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Remove bay leaves..
- Serve warm, garnished with optional toppings if desired..