Turkish lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Smooth, spicy, and nutritious, Turkish Red Lentil Soup is simple to make and is best served with a squeeze of lemon and drizzle of paprika-infused oil. A soup course is regularly present at the beginning of most Turkish meals and this red lentil soup is perhaps the most favored.
Firmly hold the lid in place and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Turkish Lentil Soup Ingredients: To make this traditional Turkish lentil soup (mercimek çorbası), you will need the following ingredients:. Veggies: This lentil soup recipe is made with a simple base of onion (white or yellow), carrot, and a small potato (I used a Yukon gold). You undertake steaming pressure-cook Turkish lentil soup working 15 method as well as 9 steps. Here you are do.
procedure of Turkish lentil soup
- You need 1 cup of red lentil.
- Prepare 1 of big onion chopped.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- It's 1 of medium potato cut in cubes.
- It's 1 of medium carrot cut in cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato chopped.
- It's 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- It's 2-3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of dry mint leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper powder.
- It's 2-3 tablespoon of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Stock: Either vegetable or chicken stock — whichever you prefer. Red lentils: Which cook quickly and break down. Easy Turkish Red Lentil Soup with carrots, turkish spices, red lentils. Since the soup gets blended, the veggies can be chopped roughly to save time.
Turkish lentil soup singly
- Wash red lentil and soak for 15 minutes..
- In a deep bottom vessel add olive oil. Add chopped onion and fry till they are translucent..
- Add chopped garlic and fry for few minutes..
- Add cut potato and carrot. Fry for few minutes..
- Add chopped tomatoes. Add little bit of salt. Cover and cook till the tomatoes are mushy..
- Add soaked lentil, chopped parsley and adequate amount of water. Cover and slow cook till lentil snd veggies are done..
- Blend it into a smooth mixture..
- Mix tomato paste, paprika and chilli flakes.mix it into the soup mixture along with crushed dry mint leaves and pepper powder. Add some butter and adjust the salt. Cook till it get the required consistency..
- Tasty traditional Turkish lentil soup is ready to serve.
In a large pot, combine lentils, broth, onion, carrot, garlic, tomato paste, cumin and cayenne and bring to a boil over high heat. Another delectable entry for the Zaar World Tour from the enticing World Vegetarian Cookbook by Madhur Jaffrey. This traditional Turkish soup with red lentils, bulgur wheat, and dried mint is wonderful and easy to make. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves. In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup!