Jackfruit(kathal) Sambar. Raw jackfruit sambar / kathal ka sambar I normally do this sambar two ways and both the methods brings out the distinct flavor from the jack fruit to the max. Kathal biryani or Jackfruit biryani recipe - a mildly spiced dum cooked biryani made with raw unripe jackfruit, also You can also make stir fries or add them to sambar or leafy vegetables stir fries. Kathal ( Jackfruit ) ki Sabzi is a North Indian Delicacy that is made from raw jackfruit.
Try this simple and delicious recipe. Kathal ki Sabzi - Indian Jackfruit Recipe: a quick, delicious recipe using kathal/jackfruit, aromatic Indian spices, and a few simple ingredients. Home » Sambhar Varieties » Palakottai Kuzhambu You do ones thing simmering toast Jackfruit(kathal) Sambar applying 17 technique than 4 together with. Here you are get someplace.
method of Jackfruit(kathal) Sambar
- Prepare 200 gms of Jackfruit chopped (you can use seeds if theybare soft).
- It's 4 tbspn of Lobia.
- You need 2 of medium sized onion chopped.
- You need 50 gms of Toor dal.
- You need 1 of lemon sized Tamarind.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Jaggery.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It's of Curry leaves few sprigs.
- You need 1 pinch of Hing.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's of Tadka (in a tspn of oil add mustard and little jeera).
- It's of To grind.
- You need 3 tbspn of Coconut.
- It's 1 of Onion.
- It's 5-6 pods of Garlic.
- Prepare 6-8 of Red chilli(as per your taste).
- You need 1 tspn of Home made Sambar powder.
I think shallots will go very well this sambhar but here is my no onion no garlic version of jackfruit. This recipe of kathal ki sabzi is meant for days when you have the leisure to hang out in the kitchen for at least an hour, and the mood to put it a little extra into your cooking. The end result though, is worth. Kathal sabzi - Stir fried Jackfruit in select Indian spices.
Jackfruit(kathal) Sambar instructions
- First rinse toor dal and add chopped jackfruit, onion, lobia and enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles until the dal is cooked nice and soft...
- In a mixer add all the ingredients under 'to grind' and make a smoothe paste using water..
- Once dal and veggies are cooked transfer them into a pan and add the grinded paste, tamarind, jaggery, salt, hing, curry leaves, turmeric, and tadka, mix well and bring it to boil.. add water if required...
- Serve hot with rice and a tspn of ghee or dosa, plain parathas...
Kathal sabzi- Jack fruit is called Kathal in Hindi. Being a good source of dietary fiber its a particularly good option for vegetarians. Buy Online Raw Jackfruit Flour (chakka chola podichathu) Kathal powder from NatureLoC.com. Jackfruit is an exotic fruit Jackfruit Flour. Jackfruit is very versatile and can be eaten raw or cooked.