Home made Porotta (Kerala Paratha).
You make ready frying microwave Home made Porotta (Kerala Paratha) using 6 program together with 11 along with. Here is how you gain.
compound of Home made Porotta (Kerala Paratha)
- It's 1 kg of All purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1 no of Egg.
- It's as required of Cooking oil.
- Prepare as required of Salt.
- You need as required of Water.
Home made Porotta (Kerala Paratha) step by step
- Mix flour, egg and salt in a bowl. Slowly add milk and sufficient water.
- Mix it well using your hand until a loose dough consistancy is formed. The dough should be smooth and little bit sticky but not stiff at all. If required, add more water or flour depending on the absorbancy of the flour..
- Place the dough on a smooth working surface and knead well until it is soft and smooth..
- Brush the dough with little cooking oil and cover it with a wet cloth and set aside for at least 2 hours..
- Knead the dough again for few minutes and make equal sized balls and keep it covered with the wet cloth for another 10 minutes..
- Spread enough oil on the working surface and place the ball on the surface. Roll out the ball using a roller and make it into thin oval shapes..
- Spread little oil on the shape and sprinkle little flour on top. Make pleats lengthwise from one end to the other. Twist this combined pleats into a round shape and keep it under wet cloth for another 5 minutes..
- Heat a pan on medium flame..
- Take a rolled ball and flatten it again using your palm. Place it on the pan and cook both sides till the color turns light brown. Apply little oil or butter on both sides..
- Once 4 or 5 porottas are done, pile them together and press from the sides using your hands to release the layers..
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice (meat, chicken or vegetable)..